Monday, November 10, 2008

Taking a Break

Folks, I'm sorry that I've been neglecting my blog. I started out with the intention of helping people who've been hurt by churches, and I said about everything that I have to say. I'm going to take a break until January 1, 2009, while I figure out what to talk about next.

The people who are trying to start a church here in Mexico quit, despite their success in getting a successful Sunday School started in another church. We have also started a Wednesday night children's church in a third church, and we have begun working in a Christian orphanage. The outreach is successful, but we lost 15 faithful people in five weeks, so our attendance dropped. The church in Texas that sent them out is working with us, and we hope to keep things going.

In Titus 1:5, Paul told Titus " that you should set in order the things that are lacking." When a Christian church goes bad, God's plan is usually to correct the problem, not destroy the church. You might have been hurt by a church, only to realize years later that God is blessing them. It doesn't mean that their blessings are phoney, nor does it mean that it was your fault. It could well mean that God has corrected the problem.

I sometimes have to deal with bitter Christians here in Mexico who have difficulty with the fact that God is blessing people who harmed them. God doesn't abandon any of His children, and He tells us to pray for those who wrong us. If He answers your prayers, your enemies will do well.

I do put out a weekly e-mail entitled "The Italian Gringo," relating our adventures to our friends back in the United States. If you'd like to join my free mailing list, drop me a line at Threeofu@hotmail.com 

I'll see you next year. Adios, Vicente

No comments: